back to article Big Music trumpets ‘Cliff Richard’ term extension

There’s quiet satisfaction across large parts of the music industry as Europe formally extends the copyright term on sound recordings from 50 to 70 years. The music business fought off a rearguard action from Pirate Party MEP Christian Engstrom – whose raging against the corruption of the European Parliament may have eased the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Tony Paulazzo
    Unhappy

What's wrong with my spelling? The it apostrophe s was iPads stupid mistake, and I guess Rupert Murdoch hasn't been bullying politicians for years? Ie the entertainment media manipulating politics.

Also - 'have seem to have'

I may be guilty of downloading a few tv shows but that's pretty much it. I agree with copyright for the artist, lasting about twenty years, but, like patents, it's been subverted.

2. Graham Lockley

Late reply to the AC

Sorry, haven't been following this thread so didn't reply straight away.

>If you understood how copyright works you would see how daft your proposal is. Unfortunately most Copyright Commentards know jack shit about it - they just want to rant about Big Corps.

Reread my post, it wasn't a BigCorp rant. A daft suggestion ? Then how daft is it that people put software/images etc. up on the net with the 'free for personal use' provisio and it tends to be respected ? Are you suggesting its difficult to define commercial/non commercial use ?

Back in your cave you anonymous troll ;)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like