back to article Sony’s sorry saga snowballs

A week after a humiliating public apology for the insecurity of its PlayStation Network and Qriocity service, Sony has been forced to delay the restart of its online games services. Sony, whose officials had repeatedly bowed as part of their self-abasement for the service crisis, has taken low-key approach to extending the PSN …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. /dev/null
    FAIL

"Incredibly complex system"

I think that's your problem right there. Any system which is described as "incredibly complex", even by the very people who are supposed to understand it, is never going to be provably secure and reliable.

Keep It Simple Stupid, as the late great Kelly Johnson would say.

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Maybe, just maybe

If Sony had put their own house in order, before dragging customers through the courts, this might not have happened.

At least we know where their priorities lie.

3. Getter lvl70 Druid
    Alert

<getting the shakes...>

...Tried casting root and started dotting when I realized my root failed and didn't stop the cop from pulling me over for tinted (17%) windows this past Saturday.....

Damn Sony and especially damn EverCrack...

4. Someone Else Silver badge
    Badgers

Corporate Doublespeak 201

“We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system,” the blog post says.

Translated into English, this reads:

"We were unaware of the extent of how screwed up our putative security was, and how clueless our developers were to security issues (excepting, of course rootkit generation, at which they are particularly adept). We are taking this opportunity to try to hire somebody...ANYBODY... who has a clue to fix this, as well as hiring some marketing types to come up with some way to spin this so we don't look like the complete asses we really are."

There...sorted.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like