back to article Two years later, Apple Safari still open to 'carpet-bombing'

After more than two years, Apple's Safari browser for Macs remains vulnerable to attacks that allow websites to litter a user's hard drive with thousands of malicious files. The "carpet bomb" vulnerability was publicly disclosed in May 2008 after members of Apple's security team said they didn't consider the quirk a security …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Zzzz

"Does anyone with a half a brain even touch Safari? I have OSX and Safari is the first thing in the bin, it is an utter piece of cack designed for planks and divs! Firefox, with FlashBlock, AdBlock Plus and NoScript. Paranoia rules!"

"why anyone uses Safari ... it's a bag of crap compared to every other browser, including ALL versions of IE"

Haha. What crap. Fastest browser around. Especially for those who want to browse instead of searching for shite plugins to stop ads.

2. justkyle
    Linux

Best Browser

Is probably Links, or even lynx.

FireFox-I hate because they destroyed Mozilla, and then replaced with SeaMonkey

Opera-is good, but closed source.

Don't even get me started about Internet Exploder. Seriously.

Safari, passes Acid3, I don't think IE can do that, or Firefox, but is updated whenever St. Jobs thinks it's ready.

Webkit is actually better than Safari. Nightly updates anyone? Try and hit a moving target, not a stationary brick, like IE, or even, in some cases, Gecko-based Firefox.

Chrome, well, we all know that Google is the new Microsoft, despite usage of WebKit.

You want security? Text based mode is where it's at. No Flash, no popups, no Java. And, open source.

3. onerob
    Headmaster

An actual balanced opinion

I use Safari (yes, it is used by actual "people" – being faster than Firefox).

I barely register on the Mac fanboy scale and I think Apple should give this matter some attention. I'm not impressed with their casual response.

On the other hand, no sleep will be lost. No malicious files have appeared since this issue was identified. I'm not breaking sweat over it. Have a nice day.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.