back to article Street View ghost spooks Cardiff medium

A Cardiff medium has been well and truly spooked by a Victorian "ghost" captured in the city's Tiger Bay by Google's all-seeing Street View: Cardiff Victorian ghost on Street View According to the Telegraph, "experts have been called in" to probe the otherworldy sighting, including 39-year-old Jane Cohen, who told the paper …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Sam
    Unhappy

Ref: Mary Bleedin' Poppins

snip

"... with Dick Van Dyke now sporting a welsh accent."

I thought these comments were moderated before being posted.

In the name of all that's holy Reg - how could you let this idea escape to afflict the world?

I'm going to get very very drunk & I hope to drowned out the voice in my head.

(Can we have an icon of Edvard Munch's The Scream?)

2. David
    Thumb Up

@Tim

"has anyone managed to find an image of a policeman anywhere on Street View?"

Plenty of them about (well, the ones not hiding inside cars). Here a couple of Strathclyde's finest, staring suspiciously at Google:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Cook+St,+Glasgow,+Glasgow+City+G5,+UK&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.157147,39.550781&ie=UTF8&ll=55.850867,-4.260421&spn=0.01219,0.038624&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=55.850881,-4.260604&panoid=d8N1I5rx7ZRaVgqZrMLFCA&cbp=12,221.30000000000015,,2,9.227757705269553

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fictional characters

Paddington bear is indeed on Portobello Road. North of Westbourne Grove.

So does this mean the charming gent in Edinburgh might be Begbie from Trainspotting - fresh from having "chibbed some dozy Yank tourist" and purloined the aforesaid's laptop?

Incidentally, Google have now removed the original image of the charming gent. Luckily, though, he still appears in the next frame. But Google is struggling to cope with the viral-caused demand...

4. Walking Turtle

Main Street to Montain View

Should GSV hit my town *AND* drive by MY ambulating body (quite unlikely but ya' nevver know)(tm), I hope to have the good sense (and one hand free) to lift the well-decorated beret atop my noggin a few inches, revealing the "Indict Dick and Dubya'" logo on the baseball cap directly beneath it. With the other hand, the Appropriate Salute.

Hm. Skinny finger of full figo? Decisions, decisions...

That robust prospect, once leaked upstream to the Chocolate Factory 'loompas, oughtta' keep 'em off *our* streets, one thinks with some hopeful warmth.

5. Bod

Paddington Bear

Odd that the main image has been removed. Maybe Paddington himself complained !

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Gobshites

Yes, gobshites!

All of them!

7. rhydian
    Go

A quick look at the Wale Millenium Centre performance listings...

And you'll see that Mary Poppins is being performed in musical form. Is this a new form of google advertising? Or just a suitable choice of "trap street" for cardiff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_street

8. BS

Big Brother blocks content

Google have blocked the guy in the original link, but you can still see him:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=55.94563,-3.205434&panoid=YdLhR7qbnqbXHyf9pE4eSA&cbp=12,303.84823083077083,,2,7.699999816023958&ll=55.945721,-3.205476&spn=0,359.990344&z=17

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Transvestite?

"El Reg's ghostbusting department was able - without the aid of a Ouija board "

The next time el Reg tries to blur a story they shouldn't use obfuscation as a method.

I believe that the board of Arthut Ouija was not available at the time so it must have been his sister Ann's board.

Thanks to the Pythons

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.