nav search
Data Centre Software Security DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes
BOFH
Lectures

back to article
Symantec comes out in swinging in bitter legal battle over security bug audit conspiracy claims

Will Godfrey
Silver badge
Unhappy

No Angels here

I find it difficult to find sympathy for any of them. Maybe NSS is just a little bit further along the extortion road, but that's about it.

A.P. Veening

Re: No Angels here

A curse on both houses.

Pascal Monett
Silver badge

If you say that private tests are private, you don't turn around and publish them

There's a minimum of decency that is supposed to exist between the people who agree to something and that is to stick to what was agreed.

Anybody tries ignoring any part of an agreement with me is going to find a closed door the next time they come knocking.

overunder

Re: If you say that private tests are private, you don't turn around and publish them

I typically agree with you, but it's hard to know sometimes if "a minimum of decency" between two parties isn't really "a minimum of corruption". If you want something hidden for corrupt reasons, and I want something exposed for corrupt reasons... well? As stated above, no sympathy for either might be the best default here.

This post has been deleted by its author

Marty McFly
FAIL

NSS is flawed....

The business model doesn't work when "independent" along with "but you can pay us" are both go-to-market strategies.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Anti-virus only marginally better than a virus

...as I sit and watch the circle spin,

waiting for the PC to respond,

I wonder why

I ever installed

the Anti-Virus ....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing