back to article Ex-Intel engineer tried to make off with 3D XPoint secret sauce on his way to Micron, says Chipzilla

Intel has unleashed its legal dogs upon one of its former hardware engineers, alleging the bloke tried to steal confidential chip blueprints to potentially pass on to Micron. Xpoint marks the spot Intel and Micron parted ways earlier this year on their joint project, having unleashed the tech upon an unsuspecting world. …

1. Steve Aubrey
    Stop

Those who cannot remember history . . .

I think we have a winner! Another Reality Winner, that is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Those who cannot remember history . . .

Nah, she was working against the evil spying government, this case is different.

This is much more like the Waymoo/Uber/Otto scenario, where the guy tried to run off with Googles secret sauce...

2. cageordie

They were in a partnership. From what I remember Micron were the developers... weren't they?

1. Roj Blake Silver badge

Re: They were in a partnership.

The partnership was to develop the basic technology and work out how to make it.

The partnership was not about taking that technology and using it in actual products though.

3. devTrail

American layoff culture ...

sometimes backfires.

4. JimmyPage Silver badge
    WTF?

This is the shit I can't believe ...

that the "expert" is somehow able to fly through all the layers of corporate recruitment to land *THE* job which they need (to further the plot).

If they are, then the hiring company deserves all it gets for ignoring HR practices and hiring someone on a nod and a wink.

1. devTrail

Re: This is the shit I can't believe ...

Are you complaining because Micron hired him? As far as as I know slavery has been abolished, people are not chained to the will of the current employer as long as they want, especially when the employer has the right to get rid of them in any moment and if people feel threatened every now and then to be made redundant they are always looking around for other opportunities.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Personnel data?

"Intel has unleashed its legal dogs upon one of its former hardware engineers..."

&

"Rivers had a go at taking confidential trade and personnel data with him as he left."

&

"...that did not stop Rivers from allegedly hoovering up a selection of personnel files into a USB device..."

Why/how did a hardware engineer have/gain access to personnel data?

1. Giovani Tapini

Re: Personnel data?

And I ask myself, what did he want with the personnel data? was it to help him poach colleagues? Was it to allow him to stalk Emma from accounts? Was he just sucking up everything he had access too "just in case".

I wonder if he was not really getting on well with his bosses, or if he is just a digital kleptomaniac... I feel sure there is a part 2 to this story that hasn't come out into the light yet.

6. JaitcH
    Angel

Next ... Departing Employees Will Have Their Memories Erased

As happened to Randle McMurphy (Jack Nicholson) in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like