back to article Red Hat talks upgrades and bare metal with its new OpenStack Platform

Red Hat used this week's OpenStack Summit to announce the impending arrival of its OpenStack Platform 14. We had a chat with Red Hat's Nick Barcet about cadence, Kubernetes, and most definitely not IBM. It's been a while coming, but Red Hat has taken the latest OpenStack release, Rocky, and folded it into its OpenStack …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Resistance is Futile

Maybe no blue or black, but certainly solutions to be referenced in Redbooks

2. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

IBM's influence

I suspect that IBM will initially try to retain whatever Red Hat already has, but may at some point tweek it to work better with IBM's solutions [and vice versa]. Simply putting a LOT of effort on IBM-related development might be all they need to do to justify buying RH.

IBM isn't really like Microsoft or Google. They've been around a REALLY long time, and tend to play "the long game".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: IBM's influence

IBM isn't really like Microsoft or Google. They've been around a REALLY long time, and tend to play "the long game".

No, they *USED* to play the long game. These days managers there are incapable, and likely forbidden to thing more than three months at a time. Do whatever they need to flog *THIS* quarter's numbers, even if it means destroying a project meant to complete in two years time. Does that mean destroying the future for a small gain (or more likely just a reduced loss) right now? No problem, they'll have moved on by then, and it will be someone else's job to clean up the mess.

3. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Meh

Hmmm

Another wait-and-see situation I think.

Incidentally, maybe it's just me, but I keep reading openshift without the 'f'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like