nav search
Data Centre Software Security DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes
BOFH
Lectures

back to article
Openreach v Ofcom dark fibre legal bill bounced back to Competition Appeal Tribunal

GreggS

A patch

because he knew he was dealing with Pirates?

}{amis}{ Silver badge
Pirate

Re: A patch

Not really Ofcom has a goverment remit making them privateers ;-)

Paul Herber

'a legal bill that would undoubtedly have run into the hundreds of thousands of pounds'

hardly worth a decent legal mind waking up in the morning for such a pawltry amount!

Alister Silver badge

such a pawltry amount

NIce! a cross between poultry and paltry. maybe?

Paul Herber

It's the pawl that stops the cogs in the brain going round this early in the morning!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Award them a £50 Waitrose voucher but when they ring up to complain about the amount OFCOM should route them through to an Indian call centre.

I'd say that's the scales of justice balanced.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

When Half-Full is also known as Half-Empty, “Money Changing Hands” is how Taxation-Credit works. You know, when “Yore Taxed Money” means Less for You but More fer Them, C’mon, let’s have The Other One will ya?

David Nash Silver badge

Not that I would always jump to OpenReach's defence but...

How is it OK that someone takes them to court, loses, and they still have to pay the bill?

Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: Not that I would always jump to OpenReach's defence but...

Without a decision on costs, each side pays their own lawyers. Do you think that's OK? Or not?

David Nash Silver badge

Re: Not that I would always jump to OpenReach's defence but...

Not. If you did nothing wrong (as proven by the judgement) why should you have to pay anything?

If you are willing to take someone to court you presumably think you have a case and if you don't then you must be willing to accept the cost of losing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing