back to article Brit tech buys frozen, but CGI can't wait to get integrating all those post-Brexit systems

Systems integrator CGI has warned that British customers are starting to put their tech purchases on ice as the Brexit looms into view, but that doesn't mean it won't be able to exploit the situation. The Canadian-based outfit, which took over Logica CMG in a £1.7bn transaction in 2012, confirmed the shift in buying habits …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I worked with CGI and CGI-Federal some years ago. Remember these are the same jokers who were the prime contractors on the US Healthcare.gov website that was a huge fiasco and had to be redone after failing spectacularly.

Like so many of the companies that specialize in government contracting around the world, they won contracts that they had no ability to deliver and then would contract to us for advice and delivering the difficult parts of what they had already promised the government (in this case Canada) they could deliver.

We charged them above our normal rate for this work and I am certain they marked that up substantially in the final accounting.

I now work with similar companies in the US and they do the same - win the contracts because of insider knowledge and dodgy promises and then go out to find subcontractors to deliver the actual work. I expect that the British taxpayers will be being fleeced by these sharks for years to come.

1. 701arvn

True and no different at CAP, FJ, DXC etc., in the UK

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Burn CGI with fire

I currently support a CGI built application and, it the current one is anything to go by, I would chew my own leg off to avoid ever having to support another... it wasn't designed so much as it just "happened" in the same way that a tornado just "happens" to an Oklahoma trailer court. They also wouldn't seem to recognise a coding standard if it bit them in the arse.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like