back to article Apple emits its much-anticipated updates to Mac, AppleTV, and iOS

Sneaking in behind the hoopla of Tuesday's MacBook spectacle was a set of security updates for virtually all of Apple's supported products. The Cupertino maker of shiny status symbols has posted security fixes for dozens of CVE-listed vulnerabilities in iOS, macOS, and AppleTV, as well as watchOS and individual applications …

1. redpawn

So who updates first?

I'll wait a couple of days.

1. David Shaw

Re: So who updates first?

I’ll give it a try on some ‘spare’ devices, and with Mojave now at dot one, it’s getting close to being tried too.

2. N2

Downvote me to hell

But when have Apple ever been timely with these?

3. PeeKay

Do NOT apply the WatchOS 5.1 update

Apple have pulled 5.1 update for WatchOS - however, if you're invited to install, don't. It will brick the watch (has affected a lot of people already).

I suspect it has something to do with LTE versions of the watch and the new eSIM capability...

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. David Shaw

Re: Do NOT apply the WatchOS 5.1 update

I wondered why I couldn't find it!

thanks for the tip

and I finally persuaded security update 2 for high sierra to work, after it hung for twenty minutes three times in a row - post withdrawn so as not to add to confusion with the wrong links

4. David Nash Silver badge

The headline

Doesn't to "Drop" something normally mean to abandon it?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The headline

They are using "drop" in the record sense, like "Lady Gaga is about to drop her new album".

2. Androgynous Cow Herd

Or like “Drop the kids off at the pool”

1. David Shaw

in the Netherlands, "drop" is an eventually addictive type of liquorice that tastes of sweat or worse, micturation [actually NH4Cl , formerly used in fireworks]

1. Dave559 Silver badge

Bah, you make "drop" (salmiak) liquorice sound massively less pleasant than it is!

(It's a taste not for everybody, admittedly, but I quite like it…)

5. Mandoscottie
    Joke

or drop your guts......ugh boke!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like