back to article HP Ink CEO: That $550m Apogee buy was to stop rivals slurping it

Spending $550m on Apogee was as much a defensive measure to stop rivals buying the print services dealer as it was to beef up its place in the copier market, HP Inc chief Dion Weisler has said. HP Ink splashes out on Brit print provider Apogee READ MORE The transaction in August added a chunk of revenues and 824 new members …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. caffeine addict

It's friday and I'm hard of thinking. Is this article about the A3 home/office market? Or a professional grade thing?

Because I'm sure they made an A3 inkjet around 2000...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

officejet

HP does and did an Officejet in A3 size. It sucked. After a while the ink was everywhere in the machine it clears the print-head with a lot of noise and rattling spilling lots of ink.

3. I3N
    Boffin

Still miss my 4MV + mods ...

11 x 17 for schematics ....

lost it to an unscrupulous repairman ...

what another one did to my 1055CM - criminal ... broke all the plastic snaps in disassembly ...

1. J. Cook Silver badge

Re: Still miss my 4MV + mods ...

I might have to argue with you about the 4MV- the engine was a bit of a diva at times, and finicky to repair and maintain.

the 1055CM? beautiful machine.

1. I3N
        Pint

Re: Still miss my 4MV + mods ...

Sole user for both ... a DON boffins life ...

Acquisition of the 4MV is one of those Friday tales ...

To watch that DesignJet 1055CM being mangled left me heart broken ...

I could/should have done replacing the belt myself ... without the hammer ...

4. WallMeerkat
    Coat

I got confused, why would HP's printer company buy a 90s game developer?...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like