back to article Euro reseller giant Computacenter gobbles US-based FusionStorm

Computacenter has flipped on its head the old phrase about Americans being oversexed, overpaid and over here. Well the last bit of it anyway. The reseller has bought US dealer biz FusionStorm. The transaction will see London Stock Exchange-listed Computacenter, one of Europe’s largest resellers, spend an initial $70m in cash …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

450 Fusion staff will join

I'll be interested in finding out how many will still be on this time next year.

I have experienced Computacenter management, and I can say that it is quite a change to go from US employers who basically leave you alone as long as you're making money, to London employers who expect you to do as you're told even it affects your results adversely.

Of course, you'll still get the blame for bad results, even though London doesn't have a clue about how to handle your customers nor what their needs are, and cannot possibly realize that their little rules go against everything you've been trying to build for the past half-dozen years.

Gosh, I wonder why I'm posting this anon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 450 Fusion staff will join

At least it (should) stop bidding against your co-workers, where _you_ might make some more money (bonus, maybe) but _the company_ won't.

I know this by experience after finding out (at the proposal's opening) that I had outbid another branch of my own company.

If only directors had discussed who their clients were before bidding...

2. James O'Shea

Drinking the Orange One's Flavor-Aid

Repeat after me:

There are _three_ countries in the North American Continent. In order of size, that would be Canada, the United States of America, and Estados Unidos Mexicanos. (Depending on who you're talking to, adjacent islands such as the Bahamas, Bermuda, and Greenland, but not, repeat, NOT Cuba, may also be included under the heading of 'North America'. The Aleutian islands and the islands in the Canadian Arctic are also part of North America; the Hawaiian islands are not.) (Yes, there are _two_ countries with 'United States' in their names in North America. Referring to the second largest country in North American as the 'United States' alone is... insufficient.)

Removing Mexico from North America is something that certain people in the US have been doing for some time now. It has escalated in the Trumpanze Era. There are those who, until forcibly corrected, insist that New Mexico is not part of el Collosso del Norte, much to the amusement of citizens of Estados Unidos Mexicanos, very few of whom want New Mexico back. Particularly after certain events in the decade and a half starting 16 July 1945. (Look it up.)

And, oh, yeah... the boyz'n'gals at Jonestown drank Flavor-aid.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Computacenter are really only masters of two things: shit spelling

And not losing contracts despite usually costing at least 3 times than what's stated in contract...

Either the managers are terrible at golf or really good at giving head

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon