back to article Visual Studio Team Services squeezes into new Azure DevOps togs

Microsoft announced the arrival of Azure DevOps on Monday, an ‘evolution’ of its veteran Visual Studio Team Services into which developers will be enrolled - whether they like it or not. In the announcement, Redmond promised developers worried about the move that there would be no loss of functionality, just more control for …

1. Joe W Silver badge

I wish!

It's just that the new installer format is not working with our... dunno, virus protection thingamajig[1], so we are stuck at VS2015.

[1] I sort of [2] understand what is happening (real time checking), and when installing R packages changing some timeout helps.

[2] I'm a Linux user, or have been for the last 20 years. The last Windows stuff I did about 10 years ago on Win2k (also in my then job). Alas, the new place is a Microsoft shop... (but I do admit that VS is not that bad to use, with vi keybindings)

1. richardcox13

Re: I wish!

I suggest you get you anti-malware sorted out. If it is blocking legitimate installers it is broken.

(If "must use corporate policy" is set, then an internal support request and a willingness to escalate internally until action is taken is needed.)

2. John70

Renaming a product to shoehorn in the latest buzzword...

Speaking of, I wanted to change my job title to "Senior Agile Digital DeveOps Scrum Master Software Engineer", was told no. So back to Senior Software Developer it is...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ugh.

Like pushing dog shit into a tramp’s sock.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like