Mouse in the dishwasher.

This topic was created by Mycho .

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mouse in the dishwasher.

There was a comment thread a while back about cleaning computer stuff and I asked about mousewheels. I got several suggestions of careful ways to dismantle mice that I'm not sure will even work with my preferred mouse model, and one suggestion of 'chuck it in the dishwasher!'

Today while unloading the dishwasher I noticed that my mouse was still drying from last time when I finally got around to trying it.

For medical reasons I cannot be arsed on a Friday evening, so I won't be looking out the thread in question, but I am currently using the old mouse and the replacement has gone into the cupboard as a spare.

The sticky slidey bits on the bottom of the mouse did get a bit loose, but they seem to be staying stuck on for now, and the mouse wheel is working like it used to. I'll try to remember to update this if it stops working again, as well as infrequently if it doesn't.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Today the same mouse developed an odd quirk that certain windows (and only certain ones) scroll down when it's plugged in.

Going to see if another bath helps. Back to the replacement in the meantime.

3. Conundrum1885

May I suggest

Isopropanol .

Works for me, also it's good at drying out damp boards but be careful.

1. Baldrickk
      Joke

Re: May I suggest

Great stuff, just don't drink it

4. StewartMorrisonv

Rice helped to get my mouse back to life

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon