back to article Denial of denial-of-service served: There was NO DDoS on FCC net neutrality comments

An internal investigation has laid waste to the FCC's claims that its net neutrality comments system was knocked offline by a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack. The broadband watchdog's own inspector general will any day now release its findings into the outage, and confirm what many people had suspected all along: …

1. veti Silver badge
    Trollface

Dear Mr Pai,

You might want to rephrase part of your communication there.

If some people in your organisation "didn’t feel comfortable communicating their concerns to me or my office", that at least is one thing you can't blame on "the previous administration". It's a truly heroic admission of fault on your part, puts you head and shoulders above most Trump appointees. Hats off to you, sir.

1. vir

Ajit Pai: A Portrait of Leadership

Chapter 1: Pass the Buck

Chapter 2: Throw Your Own People Under The Bus

Chapter 3: Step in The Dung of 10,000 Dogs

2. Mark 85

Weasel words from the head weasel.

Well, done, Pai, well done indeed. Pity that almost no one will believe you, except your corporate masters.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You can see the strings

They don't even bother hiding them.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Strings? Surely you jest. This was a hands-on, or should I say "hands-in" job; somebody had to put their hand up the puppets, er, shirt in order to make the mouth move and the little arms wave while insisting that there was "Nothing to see here, move along, move along!"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It beats me why some gun-happy Yanks haven't terminated him!

It beats me why some gun-happy Yanks haven't terminated him!

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
        Trollface

I'm sure the NSA will shortly be sending a few nice people from the FBI to explain it to you.

2. phuzz Silver badge

Re: It beats me why some gun-happy Yanks haven't terminated him!

Shooting is a bit over the top. However, I did hear that someone was trying to buy up all the ISP's in his local area, so they could throttle fsck out of his home internet connection. Now that's justice.

3. Jeffrey Nonken

I realize that people in the rest of the world don't understand this concept, but murder is actually illegal in the U.S. Being allowed to own things that can be used to kill people doesn't change that.

It's much like in your country. It's possible that the list of deadly things you may legally own might be different in some details, but that doesn't change the fact that using them to kill people is just as illegal as killing people by other means.

4. Fungus Bob

This is America, you can't just shoot someone you don't like. You have to get permission first.

1. Mark 85

This is America, you can't just shoot someone you don't like. You have to get permission first.

I'm waiting to hear of anyone got a Pai License....

5. JohnFen

That was pretty obvious

The FCC's behavior made that obvious. However, it's nice to have actual proof.

6. Polisoniccom

How can it be that for the OIO under Gigi Sohn and Tom Wheeler - when Bray was working with prog groups to get all their comments into queue - the process was OK? But, when Bray works for Ajit Pai and the Trump administration, the process is infirm?

Comments are not a plebiscite. Sadly, instead of reckoning for truth, they've become a PR weapon.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You're trying to be reasonable, but for many this issue has gone beyond reason.

7. thexfile

Too bad the voting public doesn't remember anything longer than a week.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The commentors here can't even remember that NN was imposed by President Obama via his guy at the FCC. No legislation was passed by Congress.

8. adam payne

"With respect to the report’s findings, I am deeply disappointed that the FCC’s former chief information officer (CIO), who was hired by the prior administration and is no longer with the Commission, provided inaccurate information about this incident to me, my office, Congress, and the American people,"

Yeah blame someone else as it's always their fault.

9. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

who was hired by the prior administration

Yeah, yeah, yeah, everything is Obamas fault. I bet it was him that put NASA up to creating the fake moon landings too and "turned" Benedict Arnold!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like