back to article $100m sueball smacks Huawei over Facebook HQ infiltration claims

A whistleblowing employee of a Huawei subsidiary is suing the biz for $100m over claims the Chinese networking kit maker infiltrated meetings at Facebook HQ in the US – and stole rivals' trade secrets before sending them to China. Jesse Hong alleged, in court documents, that Huawei and subsidiary Futurewei Technologies ordered …

1. Wolfclaw

If true, I expect to see Huawei on the U.S banning list very soon !

2. K

I suspect their are a large number of Hooli's in the Valley that partake in such methods.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Blockchain commentard

$5 million in lost wages? I'd work for Huawei for that kind of money.

1. TonyJ

"...

$5 million in lost wages? I'd work for Huawei for that kind of money..."

I'd even consider the subterfuge being asked ;)

5. ma1010
    WTF?

Security? We've heard of it.

If the info at the F*book conference was all that special, one would think they'd have better vetting of attendees and not just allow someone from "BogusCo, Inc." to attend.

If the allegations are true, what Huawei did was wrong (although I'm not certain it was illegal), but I have to wonder how "secret" was this information they allegedly purloined.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Security? We've heard of it.

Yep, 100% agree.. Also for all we know.. the BogusCo, could actually exist as a separate company within the Huawei group.

My employer operates a group of subsidiaries both in the UK and internationally.. I could represent any one of them, and it would be legitimate.

6. Andy The Hat Silver badge

I agree - an annual meeting of companies does not generally infer the open exchange of confidential information just a bit of networking and nosying around to try to gauge the direction of the market. Perhaps there is more to this story that one shindig - how would you 'infiltrate' meetings at Facebook HQ (assuming they were indeed restricted in some way) without significant subterfuge but, on the other hand, why would you be 'infiltrating' a non-confidential meeting ...? More information required I feel.

7. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

a sum of money "less than his accrued bonus which would have been payable the following month"

Big hint: being cheap when buying off employees who have the dirt on you doesn't work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like