back to article British info watchdog slaps Midlands firm with £4,500 fine. Next time, register

A firm has been fined £4,500 for processing personal data without registering with the UK’s data protection watchdog and failing to comply with the body’s missives. Noble Design and Build, which operates CCTV systems across buildings in Sheffield, was yesterday convicted in their absence at Telford Magistrate’s Court, for data …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That'll teach them!

Once they find out...

3. Hollerithevo

Geez - CCTV

They're int he CCTV biz and thought they could fly under the radar? With GDPR on the horizon?!?

4. Andy Mac
    Big Brother

I read that headline and I thought it was Inspector Gadget: “Next time Register...Next time”

5. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Operating CCTV without warning notices? It sounds like an ignoble thing to do.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A novel take on geography

First time I've heard Sheffield classed as the Midlands. Maybe the Reg would like to try describing it thus in a Sheffield pub on a Friday night.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yorkshire isn't in the Midlands? You learn something new every day...

I think I saw Sheffield on TV in that programme that used to be on. Nice looking place, it's a shame that its economy has declined in recent years due to the loss of tourism, but let's be honest- the show was living on borrowed time after Compo died.

7. Martin-73 Silver badge

I am torn here

yes the company should register... but the requirement is the government's, so why should the company foot the bill?

It's like having to pay taxes and ..oh... i see...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like