back to article CEO of struggling storage biz Tintri quits

Thomas Barton, CEO of struggling storage array supplier Tintri, has resigned, leaving the California upstart leaderless as it heads toward running out of cash by the end of the month. Barton only became Tintri’s CEO at the beginning of April, replacing Ken Klein who took Tintri through its inglorious IPO in June 2017. After …

1. Frumious Bandersnatch

Pas de le Rhône que nous?

N'est-ce pas?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL!

I guess this is one example where the captain DIDNT go down with the ship! (not that I blame him - I wouldn't stick around there either)

What a disastrous cluster you-know-what this company turned out to be. What a joke.

1. MWData

Re: LOL!

"LOL!"? "Joke"? Oh, I'm so pleased that you are getting pleasure from this ... at least somebody benefits. I was going to ask if you were bullied at school, but since you add nothing by way of intelligent and informed debate I will reasonably surmise that you didn't spend too much time in a serious academic institution. Predictable how such vacuous and gloating commentary is always attributable to a certain personality type; one that prefers to hide behind the (appropriately named) "Anonymous Coward" pseudonym. Maybe you, in your own mind, are an aspiring "Register" journo ... acerbic and witty ... but no, at least they work in the currency of fact, and opinion supported by data. Oh, and they never, ever, do it anonymously.

1. Buzz1201

Incredibly well put Sir!

1. MWData

Thank You - it is sad that certain people take cheap shots at these times. Creeps like this have complete disregard for the thousands of staff, customers and partners for whom this has potentially serious consequences. I can only assume it is a function of their own inadequacies. I would love to debate these matters directly with them ... but of course that is impossible with an "Anonymous Coward".

3. J. R. Hartley

As my teacher used to say to me...

...It's not looking good, is it. :/

4. MAH

its a shame too because I really think they had good technology....

5. Juillen 1

Very sad.

They had nice pieces of kit. Used a few in my time, and thoroughly liked them. Reliable and nippy.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tommy's parting message

"Folks" he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for .....

...Oh, nevermind I'm outta here

7. BlastRadius

The Churn in Storage

For anyone that watches The Expanse - there is a scene where Amos describes The Churn. That describes the state of my industry in recent years, including the part of waiting patiently in the air lock.

Someone saved just that section on youtube, if you need a refresher.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like