back to article Serverless Computing London: Time running out on blind bird tickets

We're close to confirming the lineup for Serverless Computing London, our three-day exploration of all things sans server, cloud native and more, which means you don't have long to grab a super bargain blind bird ticket. Our committee have whittled down 100 proposed talks to 32 great conference speakers who will be joining us …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Once the agenda goes up, so does the price

:

:

Our committee have whittled down 100 proposed talks to 32 great conference speakers

Tactics very reminiscent of dodgy market traders flogging goody bags. What next, then: "independent" testimonials about how wonderful the last one was and how they've signed up blind straight away for this one?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What next, then:

Once the agenda goes up, so does the price

Oh noes! Better hurry then!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

£600 - ha ha ha

ho ho ho

3. ducatis'r us

Agendaless computing

That’s all folks!

4. handleoclast

So much negativity

Do the 4 (so far) commentards who poured scorn on this really not see how wonderful it is?

1) "Boss, look at this! Serverless computing seminar. Shiny! I gotta go. Latest buzzwords and all

that. If I don't attend we'll fall behind our competitors."

2) PHB approves travel and expenses.

3) Go to London, go on a three-day bender.

4) Return, explain to PHB everything that you learned by spouting complete gibberish (even had you actually attended, all you would be able to recount would be complete gibberish).

El Reg should arrange more events like this. And the 4 (so far) commentards should read more BOFH.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Do the 4 (so far) commentards who poured scorn on this really not see how wonderful it is?

I wish life was like this, but ...in a world of finite budgets... and several bastards competing for it... a supreme being arises....

OK, while you were reading that in a movie trailer deep voice, and imagining dark smoky images, the PHB decided to go himself. He won't understand a bit, so he will send himself again next year. When (not if...) we fall behind the competitors, some heads will roll... let's see, guess who didn't keep up with the new trends?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: So much negativity

Problem is. If you tried that with a local authority they'd expect you to pay for the travel and expenses :)

5. dnicholas

I read the word serverless and my mind autocorrects to "more expensive, less flexible"

1. Grikath

That...

You forgot to add: "complete dependency on 3rd parties, with no fallback."

6. Paul 87

£600 seriously?

Is this some kind of price tag designed to further the "old boys" network approach to IT?

Sure, dedicated training sessions might top £1000, but we're looking at an event that is an opportunity to go and pay even more money, to get that dedicated training.

I think I'll spend that money on a few training sessions and exams

7. ade328

Obviously a tout, get Ed Sheeran onto them!

8. JassMan

Make sure that Kore Conferences ...

... aren't involved in the rippoff version of the site a la NIPS.

9. steviebuk Silver badge

So is this just....

...£600 for adverts. So these "speakers" get to sell you their bollocks warez or their "ideas" so you then use their "consulting" service.

Maybe I just get annoyed as I'm unable to be a consultant who makes loads of money talking bollocks because I have a conscience.

10. RobertsonCR7
    Angel

my heads already hurting

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like