back to article Africa's internet body hit with sexual harassment cover-up claims

The body responsible for allocating internet network addresses across Africa has been enveloped in yet another scandal, resulting in calls for the entire board to step down. Afrinic is one of the world's five regional internet registries (RIRs) and plays a critical role in the internet's global infrastructure. But this week …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Another Day

Another scandal is a Non-Geo International Organisation.

Let me guess, it's another one where no law seems to apply.

1. Mark 85

Re: Another Day

Rule of thumb says "people in power want to stay in power". The corollary is "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Both apply here and also places like Battistelli's domain amongst others. Even FB has it's power center.

So, we'll keep seeing these in government and corporations. There's probably a lot more we just haven't heard about... yet.

2. K

Yep.. No oversight, no accountability, no morals.

1. Adam 52 Silver badge

No evidence. No due process?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Potemkine! Silver badge

increasingly political body between French-speaking and non-French speaking members.

you mean English-speaking and non-English speaking members?

1. Missing Semicolon Silver badge

French Africa

I seem to think that a lot of Africa was French Colonial back in the day.....

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I suppose it depends which side the Portuguese speakers are on, and the English/French bilinguals.

4. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

This is the way we roll in Africa...

...and I'm not proud of saying that. More like ashamed.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Disclosure of interest

Would the author please disclose the financial or personal relationships that he has with any of the parties involved, or any other interest that he may have in these affairs.

Thank you.

1. kierenmccarthy

Re: Disclosure of interest

Sure. None whatsoever.

Kieren

2. gingerol

Re: Disclosure of interest

I wonder if this request of yours was meant to cast doubt on the story. Anybody following Afrinic's (public) listserve would have already been aware of these incidents. The difference is that while some may have been trying to hush it up (let's keep it in the 'family' and such excuses), a reporter brought it out into the open.

Just like ab honinem attacks, questions like yours try to distract people from the issue at home. Thankfully the writer has clarified she/he is not conflicted.

Now can Afrinic move to sort out its rot?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon