back to article Cloud-surfing orgs under attack, Microsoft antivirus for Chrome, Windows 10 S bypass, non-RSA gigs, and more

Here's a roundup of this week's security news, beyond what we've already covered. Besides RSA: BSides and OURSA Sunday saw the start of the two-day BSides SF conference, which caters more for hackers – white, gray, and black hat – rather than this week's RSA Conference, which is aimed more at sales and marketing execs, and IT …

1. Trollslayer
    Thumb Up

Chrome extension

I have added the Chrome extension.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Click Harvesting

"Microsoft has extended the backend of its Windows Defender antivirus and anti-phishing tech to Google Chrome, through an extension you can install. Basically, it stops you from clicking on links to dodgy websites..."

Does that mean that your Chrome browser activity would then be sent to Microsoft as well as Google?

Or have they gone out of their way to explicitly avoid this?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Click Harvesting

> Does that mean that your Chrome browser activity would then be sent to Microsoft as well as Google?

Yes, Microsoft is a spyware company since 2013.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

If you use Chrome...

You've already downloaded something dodgy...

4. TonyJ

I tipped el reg off about the chrome extension

Just that. :)

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Be Prepared ... Great Cogs and Colossal Wheels are in Virtually Unstoppable Motion

Seems to me like the senate and house of reps in Georgia and Governor Deal, if the bill is passed [computer security researchers could face prosecution if they investigate systems looking for vulnerabilities] will have broken the law and treated justice as an ass.

One imagines penetration testing outfits - both professional and amateur - rightly righteous punishing the perps for that abomination and blatant attempt at preserving an inequitable and criminal insider dealing platform?

Latter Day Zero Day Saints in the no need to be too stealthy guise of an Anonymous Autonomous Private Pirate Army Volunteer .... AIRegulars on ACTive Stellar Service against the Forces and Sources of the Petulant Evil that is Persistent Arrogance Approved Ignorance.

When Laws of Unintended Consequences and Diminishing Returns Collide ..... Animal Farm Markets are Routed.

What do you think? Fact or Fiction? And is there any difference in Space if Time is taken out of the Equation?

1. EJ
      Paris Hilton

Re: Be Prepared ... Great Cogs and Colossal Wheels are in Virtually Unstoppable Motion

<insert Fry Futurama meme here> Can't determine whether I should laugh hard or alert authorities.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like