back to article Former DXC UK chief Wilson lands at Micro Focus

Recently departed DXC Tech UK boss Nick Wilson has swapped one troubled employer for another - he is the new global veep of professional services at the retirement home for legacy software, Micro Focus. As exclusively revealed by El Reg way back when, Wilson gave DXC a six-month notice period that he was off: at that stage he’ …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Correction...

"Prior to joining DXC, Wilson ran HPE’s Enterprise Services business in Asia Pacific, and even further back in time, Wilson ran HP UK."

Last bit, not right I think.... He ran CSC UK, then left to HPE Australia before coming back with DXC.

Still a t*** though. I feel sorry for Micro Focus.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Correction...

Not quite; Nick ran EMEA outsourcing in CSC between 2007 and 2009, then ran HP UK&I between 2009 and 2013, then was sent to Australia, before his time at DXC.

I quite liked Nick during his time at HP UK&I; at least he was honest and open. Wasn't so keen after he returned - he seemed to have been forced to swallow the DXC Kool-Aid.

To end up at Micro Focus seems rather a come down for him.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Terrible People Manager

Had the misfortune of being managed by Nick Wilson at HPE/DXC.

Arrogant, rude, completely lacking any technical knowledge. I’ve never known anyone held in such contempt by his staff.

He’s going to fit right in at Micro Focus.

1. luis river

Re: Terrible People Manager

That is the difference... boss o ...leader

3. Dwarf

Obviously they must feel at home in that situation.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

May have been the "boss" but was in no way a "leader" !

5. Miss Lincolnshire

Tosser

Nick Wilson is a one trick pony. Eeeyore. He thinks he is straight talking, inspirational and effective. The reality is he has the motivational skills of Vince Cable and the gravitas of SpongeBob Squarepants.

His trademark tossing of chocolates and sweets at people who ask questions in town halls has to be the most patronising and divisive tactic I've ever witnessed. That and his announcement in Telford the once that he disagreed with the latest round of redundancies because they weren't aggressive enough.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like