back to article nbn™ loses its head: CEO Bill Morrow bails

nbn™, the company building and operating Australia’s national broadband network (NBN), has announced that CEO Bill Morrow will step down “by year end 2018”. Morrow’s canned statement features him saying ““I believe that as the company prepares to confront the new challenges ahead, this is the right time to hand over the reins …

1. Winkypop Silver badge

Hmmm, "nearly done"

I'd like to see the definition of that claim better defined.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. JJKing
    Thumb Up

About time.

So his 457 visa was not renewed.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the "build" is hardly even begun, just switching to existing HFC and copper isn't building anything. Especially when you halt the HFC rollout as the network doesn't even work, and the FTTN model was doomed from the day it was even conceived in Turnbull's little brain.

Rats deserting the sinking ship "SS NBN"

1. mathew42
      FAIL

> FTTN model was doomed from the day it was even conceived

Considering that 84% are connected at 25Mbps or slower thanks to Labor's speed tiers FTTN will be adequate for a while longer. If you want faster speeds pay for an upgrade. However with unlimited plans becoming dominate in the market place, headline speed may not mean much.

5. VerySlowData
    FAIL

Morrow going no great loss

if NBN prep around here is any indication of quality, then good riddance! a week ago Telstra dudes in our road 'preparing' to remediate the telstra cable network cable plant for NBN to be rolled out here, managed to rip out a 10 pair cable taking out our ADSL services and neighbouring phones. That occurred about 1000 local and to give them credit, they had it repaired by 1400 same day. The young chap who broke the wire, had to front his boss who came to fix it up. Not a great day for him!

6. Wombat 1

World Class Network Leads the World as World leading Network

Bill Morrow leaves Australia having built a world class network that leads the world. Australia can be proud of its new leadership position in the world of online data networks. Critics were skeptical but under Morrow's leadership, NBN proved them all wrong, leapfrogging Australia to #1 in the global index of advanced economies.

7. Clunking Fist

A friend in Melbourne was excited by his upgrade from 30/1 to 60/2.

Meanwhile, in Wullingtun Knizilind, I have the choice of 800/200 HFC, 200/20 (higher some places) fibre or upto 60/?? adsl/vdsl. All unlimited (lesser plans are available: they tend to push you off the cable and onto a 4G modem: cheaper than paying for the access to the wholesaler's networks I guess).

Stuck it up, Aussie bee atches.*

Meanwhile, mobile Aussie get 10GB on 4G for about $9 per month. In NZ we get 10GB for about $50...

I guess one can't have everything.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like