back to article SAP: Psst. Use our predictive analytics in your apps – you won't even know we're there

German ERP giant SAP has launched an Application Edition of its Predictive Analytics software – part of its Leonardo toolkit. The aim is to allow customers to make data-driven decisions without disrupting workflow. Mike Flannagan, senior vice president for analytics and Leonardo, said companies needed to stop seeing analytics …

1. SVV

Great Timing SAP

“One of the core principles of Leonardo is openness and extensibility, as opposed to closed systems; so it’s acknowledging that a robust partner ecosystem is really important,” he said. “Because no one company can do everything.”

Why did the names Facebook and Cambridge Analytica spring to mind when I read this bit in this artice about SAP trying to push their analytics tools? How many executives are calling in their tech evangelists and saying "About all these big data projects with strategic partners...."?

Overreaction it may be in many instances, but I smell plenty more big data / questionable use of analytics stories hitting the headlines in the weeks and months to come.

2. mrbeefstirfry

Released before the tech was fully ready...

"some observers have suggested that it was released before the tech was fully ready."

Don't think I've known any SAP application work properly on its release...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like