back to article RAT king thrown in the slammer for peddling NanoCore PC nasty

A bloke has been jailed for nearly three years for developing and selling malware that allowed miscreants to snoop on and remote-control victims' Windows PCs. Taylor Huddleston, of Arkansas, USA, pleaded guilty in July 2017 to one charge of aiding and abetting computer intrusions by building and peddling his $25 software nasty …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Idiot...

...he should of set up a company and sold it to "the good guys" for $10,000 a time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Idiot...

Who are "the good guys" again?

It's pretty difficult to tell these days.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I know it's a serious article

but this sentence -

Huddleston also fessed up to creating Net Seal, a copy-protection and licensing tool that was used by other malware writers to distribute their creations from 2012 through October 2016 while thwarting pirates.

I don't whether to be amused or surprised (or not) that even criminals don't like their software nicked!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I know it's a serious article,

but this sentence -

Huddleston also fessed up to creating Net Seal, a copy-protection and licensing tool that was used by other malware writers to distribute their creations from 2012 through October 2016 while thwarting pirates.

I don't whether to be amused or surprised (or not) that even criminals don't like their software nicked!

4. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

honor amongst thieves

Honor amongst thieves - does not exist.

I wish I could earn money robbing from "the bad guys". It'd be fun. And what are they gonna do about it, call the COPS? OK they'd call the mafia, but still... it sounds like a lot of fun!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like