back to article Your day's going crap? Let's rap. Snapchat self-splat chat app chaps zap $350m, Wall St saps clap

Snapchat maker Snap's stock price is through the roof today after the self-destructing-image flinger managed to lose only slightly less money than analysts predicted. The photo-sharing upstart revealed this week that for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017, ending December 31, it recorded: Revenues of $285.7m were up 72 per …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Buy Bitcoin / Buy Snapchat

IDK, the f'in world is just baffling to me...

1. Mark 85

Re: Buy Bitcoin / Buy Snapchat

I guess if I was a venture capitalist and had stock in Snapchat, I'd be jumping up and down and screaming "buy it...buy it now... it's a great price!!!" also. If lucky, I'd make a small profit, if unlucky, I'd cut my losses.

Seems the VC's use a different set of rules and verbiage than the us mere workerbees.

2. jonfr

Last update of SnapChat is crap

The last update of snapchat is terrible and I don't like it and nobody that I know about and has gotten the update likes it.

Far as I have read on the internet about the new app it seem that 83% of people using it dislike the upgrade. When that happens it normally means that people start to phase out their usage of the app for something better once it is found.

That means in the long run that snapchat might finished and going bankrupt soon.

1. Calum Morrison

Re: Last update of SnapChat is crap

I don't use Snapchat so can't comment on it specifically, but over the years, Facebook updates have caused nothing but hatred from users (curated timelines, various privacy concerns etc.) but it hasn't harmed the platform. Even in the brave new world of social media, people hate change and resit it only to soon forget the old and embrace or at least accept the new, ultimately forgetting the past.

Don't bet on it being a significant game changer.

1. jonfr

Re: Last update of SnapChat is crap

Snapchat and Facebook are not the same. Facebook is loosing users today* but there are so many users the loss of 200 million users doesn't appear that big when the total user base is around 1,4 billion.

Snapchat has smaller user base. I don't know the exact number but I've heard around 300 to 400 million user snapchat. The effects on smaller user base are larger when large group of people start to leave.

Facebook it self is also getting less usable since they keep adding features that few people want and use. Same goes for snapchat and the latest update has 83% dislike from the people that use the platform. Many people keep using the platform they are on since it is often difficult to connect to everyone on a new platform (people not using it and so on). But there are breaking points and I think facebook and snapchat are reaching them soon. Snapchat might even already be there in due to their latest update being really bad.

*Many of them don't come back. Because they die from the platform. It's turning into a large graveyard of people that once where among the living. Many of them have no-one to delete their account once they are gone for various reasons.

See here, http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20160313-the-unstoppable-rise-of-the-facebook-dead

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Take the [IPO] Money

and Run !

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. iffrah
    Angel

New Snapchat Update – Yay or Nay?? & All You Need to Know!

Like life was already not showering lemons upon us that Snapchat, one of the most exciting and innovative app of its time, decided to put us in even more misery.

Well, because of its momentous chatting mechanism through pictures and videos, Snapchat, first become the center of attraction back in 2011. Almost, immediately after its launch, people started to divulge into this amazing app and with a blink of an eye Snapchat become apple-to-an-eye-app for everyone.

Up until recently, all of this seemed like an eternal truth but what came as a SHOCK rather than a surprise was the NEW SNAPCHAT UPDATE. There is hardly anyone in the WORLD who feels okay with this new bizarre update.

People around the globe questioned the very existence of this update which eventually is leading towards perplexed purpose of the app altogether. Was it to make us happy or to confuse all of us? Well, you see how badly it affected ALL OF US.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon