back to article Brit market harshing Vodafone's buzz as sales slump continues

Vodafone posted a fall in sales of 3.6 per cent to €11.8bn (£10.3bn) in its third quarter results – with the UK market representing the biggest revenue drag. Sales in Blighty fell 4.8 per cent to €1.5bn. Meanwhile, the biz blamed deconsolidation of Vodafone Netherlands, which has become a joint venture with Liberty Global, for …

1. richard_w

I just moved from Vodafone to ee having been with Vodafone for 18 years. The sim only package deal was so much better than Vodafone could offer. In addition ee has WiFi calling for my phone which makes it usable in my house.

If you then throw in the indifferent attitude of their call centre I had no choice. I actually wanted to stay with Vodafone but their poor service and uncompetitive package made it impossible.

I even emailed the ceo and got back a reply from a minion full of platitudes.

It's not surprising they are losing business.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I even emailed the ceo and got back a reply from a minion full of platitudes

The only reason to stay with them used to be the breadth of the roaming package. The problem is that they have let even this fall into disrepair.

They now no longer have all European countries for crying out loud. I travelled around the Balkans last summer and it was hilarious - they had Bosnia and Herzegovina including the (supposedly) lawless lands of Republika Srpska, but they did not have Monte Negro as anything but at "you are in some place god forgot" roaming level.

The only thing keeping me from moving all phones to Three is the lack of roaming in the European backwater and practically non-existent coverage in Germany. If they fix that, Vodafone can kiss the 5+ contracts our household holds with them goodbye straight away.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like