back to article The Register Lectures: Deception, Spitfires and the end of the road….

If you’re worried about hitting 2018 feeling a little jaded and in need of intellectual stimulation, have no fear. We have a series of brain-stretching lectures to see you through to spring time, spanning deception detection, Britain’s WWII underground Spitfire manufacturing programme, and the death of the combustion engine. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. x 7

"The venue for all these talks is the Yorkshire Grey on Theobalds Road, London, on January 30"

???????????????????????????????????????

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Happy

Yep...

The inhabitants of the El Reg offices are probably recovering from their Christman Party... Oh sorry, every day is party day as Chez Register....

2. Dabooka
    Unhappy

Bah

Saw the Secret Spitfire and my heart leapt before immediately plummeted again.

[click] yep, That London. Bugger

1. ijustwantaneasylife
      Unhappy

Re: Bah

Surely in this wonderful 21st century, a tech-friendly world like El Reg can conjure up a way for us non-Londoners (i.e. most of the country) to see either a stream or a YouTube special of these events - especially the Spitfire one?

Pretty please!

3. Scott Broukell
    Pint

Deception detection - It's a trap peeps! You have been warned!

Enjoy and have a beer (see icon).

4. x 7

My mum built Spitfires during the war, she made the left hand inner wing box, her bridesmaid made the right hand inner wing box.

She went off ill for several weeks, when she got back there was a queue of airframes waiting for her to do her bit: there were no spare staff to fill in. It really was that tight in terms of labour

They got bombed once.....seems the girls all went outside to have a look at the German aircraft instead of heading for the shelters

5. x 7

considering the first "secret factory" was Salisbury, it would have been apt to show it there.

Or Yeovil or Castle Bromwich where the other factories were set up after Supermarine got bombed

Or even all three - there are still a few people around who actually built them, though my mum died two years ago

6. x 7

Salisbury

as no-one else has linked to it

https://www.secretspitfires.com/

This topic is closed for new posts.