back to article Server winners and losers: HPE, Dell EMC still sitting pretty at the top, but uh-oh Lenovo

Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Dell EMC top the league tables for server revenue and sales in Q3, but face rapid growth from its global competition, according to a new Gartner report. After an encouraging summer, the server market as a whole is growing with $14.7bn (£11bn) in revenue, up 16 per cent year-over-year, and …

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

All hail the white box makers

Didn't we have the same report last week? Only the headline then was Dell was the winnah and HPE was taking a beating.

1. SniperPenguin

Re: All hail the white box makers

Dell is #1 according to units shipped

HPE is #1 according to revenue of those units

So it depends on whose PowerPoint slides you are looking at ;-)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

HPE charges their customers more per server - is what I infer from these stats.

1. PaulCharlton

That's mainly because they are selling servers with more stuff in them and in segments which pay more.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Would it surprise you to know that I can confirm that Michael Dell only looks at the former and the Meg Whitman only looks at the latter?

2. Field Commander A9

Inspur surprised me quite a bit. Last time I heard, they hooked up with VMware? Guess that really paid off.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lenovo claims they are 5th years #1 in terms of reliability... and yet they keep losing in market share ???

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like