back to article SEC's cyber-cops cyber-file cyber-first cyber-fraud cyber-charges

The SEC's new online crime unit says it has frozen what officials believe to be a fraudulent cryptocurrency. The US securities watchdog claims Canada-based PlexCorps and its owners, Dominic Lacroix and Sabrina Paradis-Royer, are violating anti-fraud statutes by promising US investors impossible returns on investments in their …

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
    Facepalm

...all the way down...

I'd like to see an ICO that isn't a scam.

2. Mark 85

Maybe I missed something here... the US is doing this so what's Canada doing? I would think being Canadian based, that Canada should be doing something also.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When you said ICO

I immeadiately though of our own beloved UK Chocolate Fireguard.

1. Arthur the cat Silver badge

Re: When you said ICO

I immediately though of our own beloved UK Chocolate Fireguard.

Ditto. Way too many overloaded TLAs.

4. lglethal Silver badge
    Facepalm

Idiots and their gold will soon be parted...

Anyone daft enough to believe that they are going to make 10x their Input back after 30 days on ANY Investment probably deserves to lose their cash.

Good that the SEC is going after these dodgy buggers, but pretty much every one of their investors should be force to do a mandatory course on common frigging sense. Maybe administered by the clue bat (a piece of 6x4 with the words "I will not be a gullible idiot!" stamped into it)...

1. Aodhhan

Re: Idiots and their gold will soon be parted...

Absolutely agree with you.

However, it only takes reading through some of the forums on this web site to make you realize more than half the people you meet or hear from are below average intelligence.

5. TrumpSlurp the Troll
    Trollface

I'm planning an ICO

Apparently there is a bridge in London for sale on very reasonable terms. So cheap it's almost a steal.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like