back to article Take Kubernetes, and bish bash bosh, you've got Container Runtime

Announcing its updated and renamed Kubernetes and BOSH (Kubo) project as Container Runtime (CFCR) last month, Cloud Foundry said the project would give users greater "choice". CFCR became Cloud Foundry's preferred method for deploying containers using Kubo, donated to the Cloud Foundry Foundation by Pivotal Software and Google …

1. ptribble

Not manageable yet?

So, if we have a new project that "aims to make containers manageable", is that an admission that they currently aren't?

1. Gordon 10
      Childcatcher

Shame on you!

How dare you suggest the Emperor has no clothes!

Its almost as if we had a huge piece of tin that we wanted to run lots of different programs on and give them the Option to Time Share. Then maybe we could have lots of copies of storage and call it multiple virtual storage. Then of course we need to control when all this stuff runs and with what priority - almost like we need a job control language.

mutter mutter in my day mutter....

1. Alistair
        Windows

Re: Shame on you!

@Gordon10

I've been muttering for ages. But along with all that I've got the "Standards? what are those" and "Who cares where it lands, once the rocket goes up its not my problem" stuff rattling around in there.

Application vendors that push out app deployment tools that have never heard of POSIX, third party coding shops that seem to think that the only way to do anything is when running as root, corporate divisions that believe that their silo should be the only snowflake, and everyone else should be a standard, management that don't comprehend that there is more than one vendor or product that can do the job, or that lock in will be cheap to land on, but will get more and more expensive over time. Don't get me started on windows based applications. There are days when I'd be glad to deal with JCL, MQ, CICs, MVS and SNA heck, I'd be happy to go back to VMS.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like