back to article HPE slices and dices globo org chart

Hewlett Packard Enterprise is waving bye to another long standing exec as it puts more meat on the new structure that is part of a wider plan to make more money build a long term operational and financial blueprint. A radical initiative branded HPE Next was hatched by CEO Meg Whitman in June, as we exclusively revealed. It is …

1. John Riddoch
    Devil

Bloody management speak:

"we’re going to right-size end-to-end cost structures of HPE to ensure we deliver on our financial architecture”

Translation:

"jobs cuts incoming!"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They're all dead Dave.

Surprised that there are any staff left below management levels.

More surprised if they still have any technically skilled staff - given that after several years of continuous rounds of "voluntary redundancies" and pay freeze those most capable of moving will have gone.

The only exceptions would be people clinging to their EDS final-salary pensions. But DXC seems to have found a way to put that in the trash as well...

3. Lysenko

I remember using an HP mass spectrometer controlled by an HP PC which printed results on an HP LaserJet. Now they're Accenture. Next stop, Crapita. Sad.

4. luis river

Next top dog

The most important remark of the Register-hpe note is next change of top dog. (CEO) Mister "refinement" A. Neri. Meg make cleanup job although is excesive

5. GuildenNL

Less chairs to shuffle on the Titanic

Yet I see the lunatics at Dropbox added the clueless Meg to their BoD. Another Walking Dead company.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fucking shitters.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having been through a lot of these sorts of exercises, this actually seems one of the better thought out. The jobs that are going are all the slightly vague out of country management roles that just bloat an organisation and slow things down. Much more autonomy in country, quicker decision making, less overlay and sounds like they're chucking some money into improving processes and systems. As I said, having been through a few of these, the proof is in the pudding but I'm cautiously optimistic. Disclaimer: Obviously I work for HPE.

8. HurdImpropriety

So I guess those seat sensors that were being used at the HP Marlborough facility really didn't do anything to help the bottom line....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sounds like a failed IoT attempt...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Liquidators

Looks like they are almost ready for the final sell off of the last remaining assets. Question is which of the Asian PC/Server manufactures could benefit the most. Should be an easy pill to swallow for any overseas company as they no longer have Security Solutions, Software, Strategic Sourcing/Deliver capabilities (DXC Spin merger with CSC), or field based sales staff/engineering needed to grow any revenue internally. Good news is all their layoffs and lack of selling capabilities does make each of their now smaller sales transactions more profitable than in the past.

Not a good time to be an HPE'r or a sole sourced VAR.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like