back to article Uber loses bid to avoid trial in Waymo case

Uber has lost a pair of appeals at the center of its ongoing trade secrets case with the Alphabet-owned Waymo Inc. In separate rulings, the Washington, DC, Federal Circuit Court of Appeals said Wednesday that the ride-sharing giant would not be able to move the case to an independent arbiter, making a trial likely. Uber had …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Yes !

Anything that nails Uber executives to the wall is a good thing in my book.

I hope they are made to squirm in court like the scum they are.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes !

Me too!

Uber have consistently demonstrated themselves to be a scum company.

Bring on the punishment they deserve.

2. Mark 85
      Headmaster

Re: Yes !

Minor correction... scum doesn't squirm... it slithers. Ok.. I'll go sit quietly and watch the proceedings. Popcorn anyone?

2. Herby
    Joke

This just in....

Uber for sale. Please take liabilities as well.

Google may get a bargain price then. You never know.

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: This just in....

I suspect the VCs behind Uber have been an eying a sale for a while now. Once it becomes apparent to everyone that Uber's business model is based entirely on exploiting loopholes in regulation then the valuation will fall fast.

The company still has some IP and, partly due to the very public controversies, reasonable brand recognition but I suspect if it closed tomorrow, people would hardly notice.

1. Spudley

Re: This just in....

I suspect the VCs behind Uber have been an eying a sale for a while now. Once it becomes apparent to everyone that Uber's business model is based entirely on exploiting loopholes in regulation then the valuation will fall fast.

That fact has been apparent since day one. And not even loopholes; they have been actively ignoring regulations at every opportunity. In fact Uber has positively revelled in its ability to do so, and it's their seeming ability to get away with it that has drawn in investors.

What will kill their valuation is if they are seen to no longer be able to get away with it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like