1. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Linux for weirdos ..

Is this for real or a send-up. Someone who refers to himself as 'floater' demos 'Void Linux', while chomping down on a jam-and-toast sandwich. The accent varies from slacker to Officer Barbrady. And most of the video references in this are equally off-the-wall. The included video samples leading to equally weird entities such as the self styled 'Styxhexenhammer666'.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Linux for weirdos ..

Void's a real distro, been around for ten years or so, It doesn't target weirdos any more than any other distro ... unless you call those of us who don't use systemd "wierdos". (I'm a slacker, not a voidoid, but Void is running on one of my machines to keep an eye on XBPS; Juan's a friend of mine).

If you want to know why this guy decided to demo it, ask him. As far as I know, he doesn't have anything to do with Void outside of being a user.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Linux for weirdos ..

'unless you call those of us who don't use systemd "wierdos".'

No not at all and far from it. I am sugesting that videos such as the above are an attempt to denigrate Linux users by associating them with an Internet weirdo. As such it would be futile to engage 'floater' in an online dialog - don't ever encourage the trolls.

2. Oh Homer

Seems normal enough to me

Sounds like a guy who just really likes raisin toast and jam, whilst talking about Void Linux on a lazy Sunday morning.

Personally I'd have gone with a bacon butty and Gentoo, but that's just me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon