back to article Oracle’s cloudy cash dash could fall flat, insiders warn

Boardroom high-fives at Oracle over bumper cloud sales haven’t spread across the entire business, with staff lower down the food chain telling The Register that their bonuses have tanked. Customer success managers (CSMs) have claimed aggressive commercial tactics used to drag customers onto the cloud have resulted in fewer …

1. nematoad
    Unhappy

Avoid

" Many customers purchase Oracle cloud credits simply in order to avoid negative audit findings..."

Dear God, are people actually doing business with this bunch of shysters?

Following the link exposed a very nasty bully using all the tricks it can to boost their profile. If this was Microsoft I reckon the US authorities would be all over them like a rash.

On second thoughts, maybe not, given the President they have.

2. Ken Moorhouse Silver badge

cloud growth ... may be on a shaky foundation

Yes I think I can visualise this concept.

3. a_yank_lurker

Which is worse

For years Hollywood accounting was the byword for using accounting tricks to cheat people out of money. Silly Valley led by Leisure Suit Larry seems to have found ways that make Hollywood look ethical.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All of the older providers seem to be gaming the system. Reporting on prem as cloud. They all claim explosive growth in cloud... while their revenues in total are flat or down.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm guessing you haven't seen AWS or Microsoft's revenues, about as flat as mount Everest.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Once Larry shuffles off this mortal coil, this business and the Red Brand will also wither and fade away.

Good riddance.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like