back to article VMware's desktop plan: On your command line, unleash hell!

VMware's refreshed its Workstation and Fusion desktop hypervisors, which are now in version 14 and 10 respectively. To the jaded, cynical minds strapped to The Register's virtualization desk, the most eyebrow-raising new feature is a Network Latency Simulator in Workstation. The tool lets users unleash hell on virtual networks …

1. K

which are now in version 14

What happen to 13? Or did VMWare get superstitious and skip it..

1. Nick Ryan Silver badge

Re: which are now in version 14

Possibly, but the last I heard VMWare was abandoning it's desktop products entirely therefore there's been some kind of about turn on this.

2. znepenthe

VMWare Worksation 14

Our privately owned not-for-profit research organisation has been using VMWare Workstation on SuSE Linux for NAI developments since Workstation 8.

I have just finished testing our purchased VMWare Workstation 14 on OpenSuSE 42.3 with one of our AMD FX equipped workstations and found it to be one of the better releases of the VMWare Workstation product from the off. Consequently it has just been approved for our production operation.

After all the hooha about VMWare Workstation futures in 2016 it is a relief to us that the product is getting even better. We certainly think that the combination of a Linux host workstation with VMWare Workstation is hard to beat for production development combined with VMWare ESXi server of course.

I should add we have no affiliation with VMware. We just like their product as it works for us.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like