nav search
Data Center Software Security Transformation DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes BOFH

back to article
Celeb-backed music gambit rebrands as 'Roxi', prays for IPO

Silver badge

Surely this is just a scam to take money off gullible investors?

Which begs the question why can't I think of ideas like this?

It's not the credible-for-cretins idea's that are the problem, it's gullible but rich friends you need. I mean anyway can be convinced you're in a position to sell a bridge, but what's the point if they don't have any money to buy it with? All the rich people I know are either a) just not that dumb or b) got rich by being tight and wouldn't part with cash for anything.

Bronze badge

"why can't I think of ideas like this?"

Because you don't drink varnish.

Silver badge

How many people thought of something similar/identical to the Juicero before writing it off as absolutely ridiculous and going no further?

Fools the lot of them!

Anonymous Coward

"Because you don't drink varnish."

Bollocks thats another thing I got wrong. FFS.

*sweeps brasso tin off table, wipes brasso off lips, flips table, storms out, stumbles into wall drags down notice board, stands up, shits himself, slams door*

Anonymous Coward

It's backed by Stephen Fry so from a technical stand point it must be rock solid like jelly.

Silver badge

Apparently the controller connects to a satellite which beams it back to the TV and onto the internet...or something like that.

Go

From the picture, I think his high holiness, the all knowledgeable is thinking about Michael Gove....

Silver badge

Baffled.

Why does a digital music service need more than an app on a phone? Even my ancient E65 had a big enough screen for music browsing on storage or Internet.

But then I can't quite see the value of a "Gem" or "Chromecast". If I need a big screen, the phone, laptop can connect via HDMI.

One Tablet needs some sort of wireless gizmo because it's a stupid one, the other can use HDMI.

You can even buy an MP3 player the size of that remote!

Gold badge
Unhappy

" the brainchild of serial music entrepreneur Rob Lewis"

IOW Telling a very good story and turning people with a lot of cash but little knowledge into people with rather more knowledge, and rather less cash.

<d vader>

The fail is strong in this one.

</d vader>

Silver badge
Joke

Re: " the brainchild of serial music entrepreneur Rob Lewis"

@John Smith 19

<d vader>...

The National Treasure is pretending he is holding a lightsaber during a screen test for a role in the next Star Wars film

Bronze badge

They've seriously missed a trick here.

Shouldn't the "sex aid" style remote come (fnarr fnarr) in a selection of rainbow colours?

Silver badge

Re: Sex Aid

@The Nazz

You're right. The first thing I thought when I saw Fry holding it in that suggestive manner was that it looked suspiciously like a vibrator. And, according to El Reg, it's not a very good concept or implementation in the first place. Also, most of us have a low opinion of Fry. So El Reg missed a great opportunity for a photo caption...

Arse about to shove a load of arse up his arse

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing