back to article Fire and fury in Korea: Samsung burns Note 7 owners in lawsuit

Samsung has seen off a class action brought by Koreans burned-out by the need to return their flammable Galaxy Note 7 phablets. The Note 7 infamously included a battery that Samsung required to have unusually high energy density and nestled it into a space that gave it no breathing room. The result was numerous fires, airlines …

1. Mark 85

I see that America has finally rubbed off on the Koreans. Looks like their judges think things through though.

1. theblackhand

I don't believe this has anything to do with America.

I worked for a FMCG manufacturer in the past, and in Korea there was a very high level of scrutinisation of our products by consumers.

i.e. if there were flaws in the printing of packaging such as ink runs of cardboard/product matter between the cardboard packaging and plastic shrink wrap, a customer would expect to get 10-20 free items to remain "happy" with our products base don forum posts.

2. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Let the pun-fest begin

I bet the litigants are red-cheeked now.

1. Simon Harris

Re: Let the pun-fest begin

"Ok, so which of you engineers designed the battery?"

"You're Fired!"

1. AndrueC Silver badge
        Joke

It was a flaming silly design. I hope someone got smoked over it.

2. Olivier2553

I could comment, but I would never be as flamboyant as Simon.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Funny that

you never see Kim Jong-un and Ruth Davidson in the same room together.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm.

With the on-going corruption charges levelled at Samsung, cant help but wonder if some currency hasn't changed hands recently...

1. DavCrav

Re: Hmm.

"With the on-going corruption charges levelled at Samsung, cant help but wonder if some currency hasn't changed hands recently..."

It was a stupid suit. You don't get compensation for safety recalls that involve you walking to a shop.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Hmm.

Im sorry, I don't quite understand, , here is what I am referring to:

"Samsung heir Lee Jae-yong and four other senior executives from the electronics giant were indicted Tuesday on charges including embezzlement and bribery, South Korean prosecutors said.

Lee is the vice chairman of Samsung Electronics, the world's largest smartphone maker. He is accused of paying $36 million in bribes to entities run by Choi Soon-sil, a friend of the impeached President Park Geun-hye, in return for the government's backing of a merger of two Samsung affiliates in 2015, the South Korean news agency Yonhap reported. Lee was arrested Feb. 17".

5. David Roberts
    Coat

Battery of claims rejected

There's a hole in my pocket.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like