back to article Virgin America workers reset passwords after hacker's crash landing

Virgin America's staff and contractors have been told to change their passwords after a hacker raided the airline's systems. The T-Mobile-USA-of-the-skies revealed in a letter to its workforce that its network was compromised by one or more miscreants. A copy of the missive was, as required by law, shared with California's …

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

"Your account has been compromised..."

Leslie Nielsen on the Helldesk: "...so you need to reset your password."

Virgin America user: "My password? What is it?"

Leslie Nielson on the Helldesk: "It's 'MarvinHasABigArse' but that's not important right now."

1. macjules

Re: "Your account has been compromised..."

It would be:

VAU: "My password, what is it?"

Nielsen: "It's a series of numbers, letters and possibly non-alphanumeric characters designed to prevent unauthorised access to secure pages, but that's not important right now"

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. VinceH

Re: Everything can be hacked, period.

"Technical issues" might not necessarily mean maintenance - it might mean it just doesn't work in your case, perhaps because of browser settings.

For example, I regularly log in to Natwest Bankline for a client, and when I log out I always see a message that something (the set up for a video I think) took too long to set up. The reason it took too long is simply that I've not allowed the script source it needs, so its set up can never complete.

3. JJKing
    Coat

They now need a name change.

What are they still called Virgin Airlines now that they have been penetrated?

Mine's the one with the prophylactics in the pocket

1. handleoclast
      Pint

Re: They now need a name change.

Have a pint on me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like