back to article Microsoft adds all of Windows – including Server – to extended bug bounty program

Microsoft has extended its bug bounty program for Windows Insider to include the whole of the OS, extended its operation indefinitely and added Windows Server Insider to the eligibility list. Redmond’s previously offered bounties for specific Windows features only. Now you can score sweet Seattle-sourced dollars for finding a …

1. handleoclast
    Trollface

I'm a winner!

Bug 1: It's from Microsoft.

Bug 2: It's Windows.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: I'm a winner!

what's with the downvotes? Have an UP vote

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hyper-V server vulnerabilities are relatively rare compared to say holes in VMware and KVM, so it makes sense that they are more valuable...

3. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Mushroom

things that SHOULD be reported (but won't be)

here's a list of bugs that SHOULD be reported but won't be

a) operating system SPIES ON ME, sends my data to different servers without my permission

b) 2D FLATSO everywhere

c) ADS keep showing up - is there some kind of malware installed?

etc.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: things that SHOULD be reported (but won't be)

Bob,

a) Doesn't apply to corporate / enterprise or servers versions. It also very specifically asks for your permission during installation. If you actually read what the data is used for it seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you care that some MS employee or partner might see some anonymous data about you, just turn it off.

b) Server has no GUI by default. If you want a particular desktop appearance on Windows 10 then there is an app for that...

c) The only "ads" are inside the Windows Store. Which is no different to any other vendor's app store.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like