back to article Disgraced Entatech founder Jason Tsai tossed in the clink for contempt of court

“Dishonest and manipulative” channel veteran Jason Tsai has been sentenced to nine months in the slammer for contempt of court. The founder and one-time boss of Enta Technologies UK Ltd (which changed its name to Changtel Solutions in 2015 and is being liquidated) lied repeatedly to the High Court, claiming his memory was in …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

6 months extra in clinky or hand over £10 million. Tricky one.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"6 months extra in clinky"

That's just for taking the piss and to let him know he's not being believed. I'm sure if the cash isn't recovered there'll be a good deal more time in chokey. Getting on the wrong side of the judge isn't a good idea.

1. Mr Temporary Handle

"Getting on the wrong side of the judge isn't a good idea"

Indeed. British judges do tend to take a very dim view of 'Contempt'.

Many years ago I witnessed a junior Barrister - now a rather senior QC - get a whole weekend in the cells over a "small matter of contempt of court" as presiding judge described it at the time.

It nearly cost him his position in chambers as well.

2. Commswonk

Memories... memories...

Apart from the fact that Mts Justice Rose appears to be far more effective than Mr Justice Cocklecarrot ever was, this article looks very much like something thought up by Beachcomber.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

A Taiwanese law firm calling itself “Just Good Lawers”

Maybe Trump could hire these guys ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Re: A Taiwanese law firm calling itself “Just Good Lawers”

> Maybe Trump could hire these guys ?

Yeah, on a no-win, no covfefe basis

1. macjules
        Coat

Re: A Taiwanese law firm calling itself “Just Good Lawers”

He already has Covfefe & Partners representing him.

4. ecofeco Silver badge

Oh he is dysfunctional alright

He is dysfunctional in the criminal sociopath way.

1. Youngone Silver badge

Re: Oh he is dysfunctional alright

When I hear 'cognitive dysfunction' I am translating it in my head as "Stupid".

This bloke might be bad, but I don't think he's stupid. (Well not that stupid).

5. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Playing the old "deadly" Ernest Saunders defense.

The only known Alzheimer* case to ever recover.

Note the very smooth way he shifted straight into "criminal thinking" mode

How can I get out of the country?

How can I move my assets and who to?

I'd bet a closer look at his business shows a long history of some very creative accounting.

These guys do have one weakness (they've got plenty of flaws as human beings already). They absolutely believe there is no situation they cannot talk their way out of because people will believe them (It's quite simple. They think all humans are gullible, trusting and stupid. If anything that's their real "cognitive dysfunction").

Logically the smart move was to stay in Taiwan and live with what he got away with but I'd bet he came back because he's absolutely convinced he can talk the liquidators into letting him keep most of his assets.

It's really quite satisfying to put one of these Aholes in jail, even if it's for a (relatively) short time.

*Strictly speaking presenting with symptoms of an Alzheimer like nature which turned out to be caused by something else (the worry about going to jail for a long time for being part of a large scale share price fixing club, which he was, perhaps?)

6. Throatwobbler Mangrove

"If Tsai co-operates fully with the freezing order, Mrs Justice Rose ruled that he can apply to have the sentence cut from 18 months to 12 months"

Gosh, let's hope he remembers to apply, what with his terrible memory and everything...

7. Oh Homer

Good

Nice to see the one-percenters get their comeuppance now and then.

Unfortunately the bastards that most desperately need their comeuppance is the zero-point-one-percenters, but they never seem to get touched.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon