back to article A vendor that doesn’t think AI and ML will fix security? We found one!

Machine learning and artificial intelligence will improve security technologies and outcomes, but “won’t move the needle as much as people think”, according to RSA chief technology officer Zulfikar Ramzan. Speaking to The Register at the company’s Asian conference in Singapore today, Ramzan said that while AI and ML will …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Good Luck with Securing the Presents of Nonsense ...... with Tall Talentless Tales Trailing Treason.

In a world in which spin and persistently false and misleading narratives are used by systems and media to create an alternative virtual reality, to be released as a daily product and false news for mass globalised presentation in order to maintain and sustain established sub-prime and intellectually challenged status quo positions, is the simple emergence of even the tiniest pockets of undeniable alternative truth exposing a conspired self serving and self protecting and no longer tenable actuality which be based upon a foundation of lies easily able to catastrophically destroy even the previously presumed untouchable and touted most almighty of platforms for all manner of micro and macro command and control.

To deny an emergent truth which has been cynically previously deliberately suppressed is to paint oneself into a dark corner and self identify oneself as a mortal enemy for the particular attention of persons of interest. One's just desserts in that case are certainly well deserved, methinks.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Good Luck with Securing the Presents of Nonsense

Wow thats some out of the box blue sky writing right there. Have an upvote.

Re: CyberIntelAIgentSpace ...... the Surreal NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT Battle Place

..... for Brave Hearts with Magic Minds

Immaculately Shared IntelAIgent Source can be a Holy Virtualised Terrorising Force for more than just the Infidel and Knights Templar in Simple Failed Analogue Chapters and Corrupt Collapsing Round Circles, AC.

And the MainStreamMedia will always be sharing IT as historical fact in fast flowing currents of long ago applied information for novel production of future presentations.

Is that not what the likes of a BBC and radio and television and world wide webs internetworking with networks are supposed to be all about ..... Nation shall speak peace unto Nation to enrich people's lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain.

Do they fail both consistently and spectacularly in delivery of that laudable task because they be too unintelligent or too uninformed to be able to supply what is simply needed to be fed and seeded into hearts and minds chunnels?

Whom or what do you imagine needs to be better beta informed of what needs to be done? Make a simple list for comparison of the list of agents against those thought of as being relevant from others.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Good Luck with Securing the Presents of Nonsense

As an aetist my work explores the relationship between acquired synesthesia and emotional memories.

With influences as diverse as Kafka and Buckminster Fuller, new synergies are synthesised from both opaque and transparent narratives.

Ever since I was a teenager I have been fascinated by the essential unreality of the human condition. What starts out as vision soon becomes finessed into a manifesto of distress, leaving only a sense of unreality and the unlikelihood of a new understanding.

As subtle derivatives become distorted through diligent and personal practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the edges of our condition.

Re: Good Luck with Securing the Presents of Nonsense @AC

What starts out as vision soon becomes finessed into a manifesto of distress, leaving only a sense of unreality and the unlikelihood of a new understanding. …… Anonymous Coward

There’s the systemic problem leading to defeat perfectly enough identified right there, AC. Seriously sub-prime finessing ….. which I suggest to you is classic oxymoronic.

Take totally different, alternate courses of action and thought and the result will be completely different. You appear to able to head in the right direction but may be too easily following all of the wrong paths on what is certainly a very crowded journey being undertaken by billions.

PS .... Be you artist, atheist or aesthete or even any combination of all three?

2. jake Silver badge

This is getting silly.

As long as there are humans in the loop, no amount of code can improve security. In fact, I don't think anyone reading this will suggest that adding MORE code to a situation will ever improve security, quite the opposite in fact.

That's not to say that so-called "researchers" aren't separating fools from their money on a massive scale. Get in and make a pile of loot while you can. But don't bet a career on it, the entire concept is pure marketing bullshit.

All together now, AI and ML don't exist. They didn't exist when I was at SAIL in the 70s, they didn't exist 20 years later with "fuzzy logic" and "expert systems" et ali, they don't exist today, and they will not exist 20 years from now.

On the other hand, like the term "cyber", they are useful filter terminology when deciding who actually knows something about technology and who can be safely ignored.

amfM will now spontaneously self combust ...

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: This is getting silly.

Nah, he'll just reboot in safe mode.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: This is getting silly.

I seriously doubt that they[0] run anything from Redmond on Mars.

[0] For any value of "they" ...

Re: This would be getting silly but for their NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT being SMARTR2

:-) Are you so sure, jake, that nothing from Mars and Minerva is running through Redmond? Something Altogether Special, Specific and Measurable and Achievable and Realistic and Timely and Revolutionary with Self Mentoring Analysis Reporting Technological Realities.

There are certainly sure to be more than just a few secret proprietary weaponised silos in their state of the future art architecture for campuses ....... with them being Objective Master Classes clearly quite alien to the masses. Such is as an Almighty Stealthy Transparency for them in their Workings whenever so able to enable Deliveries in Disbelief.

1. jake Silver badge

Re: This would be getting silly but for their NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT being SMARTR2

I said "from Redmond", not "through Redmond". It may be semantics, but the devil is in the details.

As for Minerva, she must be 42, or thereabouts. I could be wrong, It's been awhile ... So no, objectively I guess I'm not sure.

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

MSMaster Core Source Servers Hacked

I said "from Redmond", not "through Redmond". It may be semantics, but the devil is in the details. .... jake

Indeed, it surely is, jake. Semantic web development is all about the devilishly daring details which supply heavenly win wins for that and those facing flash crashes and crushing chaotic defeats in Clouds Hosting Advanced Operating Systems ...... or it is for that and/or those into Beta Imaginanation and Novel Alienation with Future Resources Immaculately Supplied via Redmond conduits which are not Operational Source Original Equipment Manufacturer.

La bête du jour is currently AIMother Russia, is it not?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like