back to article Beijing police quench scum allegedly behind 'Fireball' fraudware

Chinese police have moved on the developers of the Fireball adware that infected millions of computers earlier this year. Fireball was described by Check Point in June after outbreaks in India, Mexico and Brazil. It bundled itself with legitimate software, and used browser plug-ins to boost its own advertisements. At the time …

1. James 51
    Pirate

Probably hoping to operate under the same rule as the Russians seem to, don't target domestic users/organisations and then you're just a patriotic individual who got out of bed, saw the news and decided to do something.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Still, I wouldn't want to be them what their police comes a-knocking. Their cells are rumoured to be a tad uncomfortable..

1. Mahhn

after seeing living conditions at Foxcon (20 people to an apt, sleeping in dog crates for security) I have to agree with you. If employed people like bad dogs, imagine what prison is like there..

2. WolfFan Silver badge

Still, I wouldn't want to be them what their police comes a-knocking. Their cells are rumoured to be a tad uncomfortable..

Are you saying that the People's Armed Police might be a tad... zealous... about the performance of their duties? Hmm. It seems that you may be in need of some re-education through labour.

2. WolfFan Silver badge

Probably hoping to operate under the same rule as the Russians seem to, don't target domestic users/organisations and then you're just a patriotic individual who got out of bed, saw the news and decided to do something.

That'll work right up until your stay-out-of-the-motherland activities happen to impinge on an account belonging to a senior member of government, or a friend or relative thereof. Then you'd best run for cover.

And God help you if your ransomware ends up on Ministry of the Interior computers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon