nav search
Data Center Software Security Transformation DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes BOFH

back to article
Taxi app investor SoftBank said to be driving at multibillion-dollar stake in Uber

Anonymous Coward

operating in 65 countries in Southeast Asia

My knowledge of geography isn't all that it could be, but are there really that many countries in south east Asia?

6
0
Silver badge

"in 65 countries in Southeast Asia"

"but are there really that many countries in south east Asia?"

I suppose that depends on one's definition of "South" "East" and "Asia".

Given that this was extracted from the Bailmeout Failure Wall Street Journal and is likely based on a "bullshitPress Release" from some "Financial fuckwitsInstitution" I find that such is quite a common error.

6
0
Silver badge

SoftBank running out of ideas, but with too much money to spend?

It'll all in tears, I just know it.

8
0
Gold badge
WTF?

"described this as the biggest investment in a taxi firm in Southeast Asia."

FTFY.

3
0
Silver badge

Yandex + Uber: 59.3% + 36.6%

Which equals 96.9%. I wonder where the other 3.1% went? Probably a bribe to Putin and his cronies...

5
0
Silver badge

Bah

Why would you drive a multibillion-dollar stake when a simple wooden stake would do?

0
0

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

  • Enter your comment

  • Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing