nav search
Data Center Software Security Transformation DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes BOFH

back to article
Hey, hipsters. Amazon has 'space' for 450 new R&D roles in Shoreditch

Anonymous Coward

Don't you mean...

Shoreditch on Mumbai?

only failed or expired H1B holders can apply.

Silver badge
Flame

First job ?

Fix Amazons crappy filter system.

Gold badge
Unhappy

"the count of permanent employees to 24,000."

and the number of temps in their fulfillment warehouses to about 100 000?

Anonymous Coward

Re: "the count of permanent employees to 24,000."

Sorry to say, but standard practice across the cut-throat retail sector - Unskilled are purely seen as pipeline enablers, that can be wound up and domain to suit demand.. Consider it the physical equivalent of cloud..

Personally I've no opinion on it.. but it is what it is.

Anonymous Coward

not being cynical but...

... is this some line by the company that helps pursuade/makes the uk gov not press for more tax, etc, by promising jobs, that actaully never materiaise.... carrot on a stick stylee. put another way, sounds like someone said: promise them jobs and they will go away. how many jobs? (asks how many we already got? - 450). licks finger, promptly forgets last sentence and says, how about 450...

FAIL

R&D roles in Shoreditch. Don't make me laugh...

The only R&D those man-bun wearing, oiled twat-beard sporting, fixie-riding, manbag-toting cock-wombles who work in Shoreditch know how to do Is where to get their next coffee from. My iPad's autocorrect even wants to correct' Shoreditch' to 'Sliver of piss'. Frickin' monkey spankers.

Silver badge

Re: R&D roles in Shoreditch. Don't make me laugh...

Now, now - don't hide behind innuendo and hyperbolic phrases; speak your mind and tell us how you really feel.

Re: R&D roles in Shoreditch. Don't make me laugh...

I think he doesn't like Shoreditch, or hipsters. I'm good at reading between the lines.

Bronze badge

if times are real bad or i need a refresher, i'll stick to driving a fork lift in the winter

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing