back to article SAP rips and replaces South African bosses amid corruption probe

SAP has installed an acting managing director and acting chief financial officer at its scandal-hit South Africa subsidiary. This comes after the German software giant suspended four senior managers at the SA operation, and launched a probe into claims bribes were used to secure a top government contract. Late on Friday, SAP …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

and SAP has hired the international legal firm Baker McKenzie to...

...cover up its lying ass

2. Gordon Pryra

Dont they all do this?

Hardly news that contracts given out are down to bribes.

That is the Uk's ars trade modus operandi in Africa and I don't see people being too vocal about that.

Working for local government and councils and I see contracts being given to weird companies for twice the cost you would expect and you can only think this is down to the same reason of kick backs and presents..

Why single SAP out as being the bad lads when their product is actually not bad and doesn't kill kids in fields when they step on in

1. Vic

Re: Dont they all do this?

Why single SAP out as being the bad lads when their product is actually not bad

You were doing so well up until that...

Vic.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nothing to do with SAP per se

Notice that the 3d printing firm has ties to "the son of the president" - there's boatloads of corruption being exposed as they layers of GuptaGate and the like are being peeled back. Expect this to be only the start of a long chain of scandals that will shortly come to light.

AC to protect me from the Gupta's assasins

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And another AC weighing in... AmaBhungane is doing a sterling job in exposing corruption. Pity that the Guptaaaaas have a couple of lackeys (inc BLF) whose aim it is to keep on harassing the journalists intent on uncovering the backhanded, underhanded, lefthanded and other dirty tricks shenanigans which was used to gain total state capture.

Sies, skande. To the Guptas : Take your dirty baggage and go back to where you lot came from. We most definitely do NOT need you lot in here stuffing your overseas bank accounts with stolen loot.

1. lglethal Silver badge
      FAIL

*shakes head sadly*

And to think you were doing so well, right up until the point where you started being a racist dick.

"go back to where you lot came from."

Funnily enough, thats the same sort of senitment the Klu Klux Klan and various Neo Nazi groups use as well. Doesnt it make you feel proud to be sharing a similar sentiment to those fine upstanding citizens...

1. Sceptic Tank Silver badge
        WTF?

Re: *shakes head sadly*

@lglethal: Nee kak man!* You were doing so well until you ventured an opinion.

Those Guptas came here to loot and plunder. They have the president of the county in their pocket. The sooner they leave the better for everyone, preferably leaving our tax billions behind. ZAR 30 million stolen from the poor to pay for a wedding? Then they go and employ Bell Pottinger to sow racial discord with all matter of lies and deceipt. Who are the Nazis here?They must HAMBA! **

* = Afrikaans for "I believe your reasoning is not sound".

** = Zulu for "fuck off".

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The Guptas are immigrants to SA... so I can happily agree with the OP's sentiments.

Though to be honest they are welcome to stay in SA for as long as they like, as long as it's inside a prison.

P.S. I've never understood why a major software company feels the need to associate itself with the SA Police... very confusing...

1. lglethal Silver badge
          Windows

Wow guys just wow.

Do you know how exactly like Trump supporters you sound right now? "Mexicans - get them dirty raping foreigners out of America!". Or maybe the right wing European parties? "Get those thieving Africans and Syrians out of Europe and back to their own countries. All they come here for is to make crime and rape our women. Rah rah rah...".

The Guptas might have Zuma in their pockets. And Zuma might be stopping the police doing their job. But you know what the answer to that is - you vote for the other parties which will let the police do their job! If you keep voting in the same corrupt buggers everytime, dont complain when they do corrupt things.

Anyway, I guess its good to know that racists exist everywhere. Seems to be a common trait of the human race. But I sincerely hope that the next time you're out of Saffa, and you suffer from some form of racial discrimination, you think of this conversation...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

AmaBhungane = zulu for dung beetle.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I bet they've already found new employment in Perth...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The bigger question...

"SAP stands for integrity, transparency and compliance," said Fox-Martin.

I thought it stood for "Systeme, Andwendungen, Produkte" - or should it be called ITC?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like