back to article The good kind of data sharing: Reg empties its storage news warehouse

Here's a storage news item garage sale. Come on in and check out our array of goodies; there's something for everyone. Acronis and Files Connect The vendor says its new release of Files Connect gives Mac users instant access to all available file shares and DFS resources plus with a lightning fast search functionality …

1. Your alien overlord - fear me

Quiet news day?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It is the Monday after Glasto

And there are still a few sore heads around. The music was great but J.C. on the pyramid stage? Can't we forget politics for a couple of days...? Please? The real world is up shit street so an event like Glasto is a chance for us plebs to get pissed/stoned, listen to some good music and forget the mess we have to go back to today.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: It is the Monday after Glasto

And yet pop music is full of politics, from the clearly labelled Rage Against the Machine and Public Enemy, to Hendrix, Marley, Future Sound of London. But yeah, adversarial political talk in pubs bore me, I just feel that 'Tories are bastatds / Labour are muppets' to be unproductive and getting in the way of more interesting chats about where we, as a society, nation, planet go in the future.

That said, could there be a trade? If Corbyn spoke on the Pyramid Stage, could we have The Prodigy play in the House of Commons?

2. wolfetone Silver badge

Re: It is the Monday after Glasto

"The music was great but J.C. on the pyramid stage? Can't we forget politics for a couple of days...? Please?"

If Glastonbury is your only means of escapism then I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but the Prime Minister in waiting appearing on the Pyramid stage isn't one.

2. Dave 126 Silver badge

Now, Kanye West 'headlining' the Pyramid Stage with two hours of Autotune karioke was atrocious. At least JC was in keeping with the ethos of many of the Glastonbury staff and organisers.

1. quxinot

I genuinely don't know if I should downvote for that, or upvote for pointing out the obvious about Kayne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__wlD4j4uPU

Thank ye ghods for good music.

3. Edwin

Diskashur?

The base product looks like the old IBM/Lenovo Secure HDD, which I've used for quite a few years. Nice to see someone picking the product up and running with it, though the prices are a bit on the high side.

4. Velv
    Black Helicopters

Users can pre-program the diskAshur drives with a unique Self Destruct PIN which, once entered, instantly deletes the encryption key rendering all data previously stored on the drive as lost forever.

How long before an MP calls for this to be banned?

"Bad person" gets arrested, "law enforcement" request access to data on disk, "bad person" has ability to instantly wipe disk by supplying the self destruct PIN. "bad person" can't be accused of not supplying the "password", who can prove they gave the wrong pin deliberately or by accident under duress, and there's now no available incriminating data.

5. MacGuru42

ExtremeZ-IP...

It was handy back in the day (and also very expensive) when Macs used AFP, but things move on.. like using a capital Z at the end of a product name.. (its not 1990 anymore more)

macOS is SMB3 by default... supports DFS out the box..

Next you'll be telling us about ADmit-Mac .../shudder/

As always.. Keep it simple (stupid)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon