back to article Fujitsu loses Dimes amid plans to save dollars

UK and Ireland boss of Fujitsu, Lucy Dimes, has gone on gardening leave just one year into the job, according to multiple well-placed sources. Dimes began her absence at the end of May and has not been seen since. A spokesman from Fujitsu confirmed she is on “a period of extended leave for personal reasons”. However, insiders …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seems to be a trend

And not meaning to be sexist but when a Company BOD wants to cut staff to the bone and beyond, they seem to hire a Female CEO to do it.

IBM, HP etc have all gone down this route. Perhaps in this case she rebelled and said (in a mock Punch voice) "That's not the way to do it..."

Well, I hope so as all the female bosses I've ever had were pretty good once you got to know them. Plenty of far wose male PHB's still in IT.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Seems to be a trend

A friend made a mini-career in the 1990s out of effecting redundancies. Having gone through the process herself she became an expert in the legal and personal aspects.

She would be employed by a company without the necessary expertise to administer their proposed redundancies. At the end of the exercise, usually about a year, she would become redundant herself - literally the last one out.

2. wolfetone Silver badge
    Joke

I wish I could go on gardening leave in my job, but all I ever do is end up getting sacked instead.

1. frank ly

She started in June last year and has been absent since May this year and they are keeping quiet about her. This might mean she had a two year contract and is in delicate negotiations for its early termination. What's that? You never had a two year contract with share options and bonus payments?

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Best fetch another one.

Fujitsu doesn't half seem to chew through CEOs. I wonder how long the next one will last. As long as the company lasts in the UK and Ireland?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Was never a surprise

Once the cuts were started everybody knew she was there to take the blame and then to go MIA.

What hasn't been mentioned is the site engineers being undergoing TUPE but being told of their redundancy before even being transferred thereby avoiding the year and a day employment rule)

Considering many people have never had their reassessments carried out and briefings for those due to be leaving still haven't been carried out.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lucy was on twitter a few days ago

https://twitter.com/lucydimes

I'm sure El Reg can look through her FB and other feeds, befriend a less security conscious person and get up to speed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Lucy was on twitter a few days ago

Never mind - according to her twitter bio, she is also "Trustee for The Garden Bridge".

Oh wait...

Thames garden bridge scrapped by Sadiq Khan - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/28/garden-bridge-across-thames-scrapped-by-sadiq-khan-london

7. herman

Maybe she just went out for lunch at Millyways?

8. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Check her LinkedIn

Is she "Open to new opportunities?"

Although isn't there meant to be some Irish serial killer in Galway they can't find?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like