back to article Microsoft says Skype outages are over – a few hours too early

Microsoft thought it had fixed global outages for Skype that began yesterday, but so far, no such luck. Skype is still going through ups and downs. In a tweet at 1408 GMT June 19, Skype support admitted that, “There is an ongoing incident affecting the ability to connect to the application.” In another tweet at 1745, Skype …

1. s. pam Silver badge
    FAIL

Utterly rubbish

It was still /tits/up at 1840 when coworkers and I gave up in our air conditioned and offices and headed home. Been puking all over itself all day...

2. Nolveys
    Headmaster

The Register reached out to Microsoft...

Is that like "reaching out at"? I usually just get a face of stingy liquid when I try that.

Did you try contacting them?

1. PhilipN Silver badge

UV'ed.

Next, if MS calls back we'll get a report on El Reg having visited with them.

Ugh!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Business / Product Plan

1. See successful P2P product developed by new thinkers totally out of range of the corporate thinking of a huge corporation

2. By product to make original developers very rich but maybe not so happy as they thought they would be. (get up Monday morning. Check bank account. Wonder what to today. Meh)

3. Change product to to fit into big corporate view of world (fill in blank for motivation). Watch product crash and burn. It takes a long time but once the rot sets in.... OK . Stumble and smoulder. The difference is one of timing.

4. Next product.

Once, Skype was different. Now........

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. one crazy media

Of course, it is until the next one.

6. hellwig

How could this fail?

Take a P2P product and centralize it? Seems foolproof to me.

7. Peter Bennett 1

Meet the new bork, same as the old bork....

https://support.skype.com/en/status/57644122

And it's been like that for several days.

Amazed it wasn't on The Register's front page this morning.

Perhaps you've all moved to Slack or Zoom already.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like