back to article Is your research hot or not? US boffins create ‘Tinder for preprints’

Boffins have created an app that lets users rate academic preprints and find people with similar academic tastes - and hope to use the results to spot trends in academic publishing. Jeff Leak, associate professor of biostatics at the Johns Hopkins University and a member of the institution’s data science lab, says the app, …

1. Whitter
    WTF?

OMG!

OMG!

Swipe (whatever way is "No!" for this idea)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: OMG!

Swipe (whatever way is "No!" for this idea)

Seems harsh, since it is how governments actually make research funding choices. They automatically swipe "yes" for anything to do with self-driving cars, AI or mobile phones, and "no" for new antibiotics and vaccines. I doubt they think very much about it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You'd think an academic would know how to spell 'Paper' ...

3. GrumpenKraut
    Coat

Papr, hmm...

can I use my Ploppr login with that service?

The one that looks like camouflage but isn't. ------------->

4. find users who cut cat tail

Makes sense it is connected to BioRxiv. In physics you can stare at a paper for years and still not be sure what to make of it...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

While I've not done "scientific research" in years, I do like to browse for heads up on engineering incoming (friendly?) fire. There's whole swatbes on arxiv.org that have evidence mystic influences. Still fun, for certain definitions of fun. This app would be nice for arxiv.org if it alloed a huh? swipe. At the very least, it would speed up the scan process.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon